Welcome to behave!¶
behave is behaviour-driven development, Python style.
Behavior-driven development (or BDD) is an agile software development technique that encourages collaboration between developers, QA and non-technical or business participants in a software project. We have a page further describing this philosophy.
behave uses tests written in a natural language style, backed up by Python code.
Once you’ve installed behave, we recommend reading the
- tutorial first and then
- feature test setup,
- behave API and
- related software (things that you can combine with behave)
- finally: how to use and configure the behave tool.
There is also a comparison with the other tools available.
- Behavior Driven Development
- Feature Testing Setup
- Using behave
- Behave API Reference
- Django Test Integration
- Flask Test Integration
- Practical Tips on Testing
- Comparison With Other Tools
- New and Noteworthy
- More Information about Behave
- behave.example: Behave Examples and Tutorials (HTML)
- Peter Parente: BDD and Behave (tutorial)